Director of Marketing - NC
Bonten Media Group/Eastern North Carolina Broadcasting has an opening for an experienced and goal-oriented Director of Marketing who wants to both create and lead marketing and station promotions across 5 properties. This includes providing services for Esteem Broadcasting of North Carolina (through a Shared Services Agreement). Currently the stations are WCTI, Newschannel 12 (ABC), WFXI/WYDO (FOX), Fox Eastern Carolina and three digital channels: This TV, The Live Well Network and Bounce TV.
The Director of Marketing must be capable of handling multiple tasks. This position is primarily responsible for the day-to-day station and website marketing and promotions development and other day-to-day responsibilities, budgeting, hiring of the marketing and promotions personnel, and complete production of stations promotional announcements.
The Director of Marketing must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Organization and time management skills are a must. Position reports to the VP/General Manager, Lyle Schulze. Compensation based on experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Marketing and Promotions Manager with a demonstrable track record of results.
- Reliable, positive, and self motivated individual with strong personal integrity, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Analytical ability to understand and utilize market research, ratings, and other information to strategically compete in the market.
- Experience writing, producing, lighting, shooting, and editing, proficiency in television production and post production.
- An understanding of media and marketing terminology
- Television, print and radio advertising.
- The ability to forecast and budget and must be proficient in computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook , ENPS, Adobe Premiere, After-Effects and other computer applications.
- Bachelorís degree preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid driversí license and a good driving record
- Responsible for the day-to-day station and website marketing and promotions.
- Development and management of on-air, off-air and on-line promotions for 5 properties.
- Responsible for production of stationsí promotional announcements.
- Ability to motivate viewers to watch the stations and visit the stationsí websites through station promotion.
- Write, produce, light, shoot, and edit station promotional announcements.
- Responsible for ensuring communications are top-notch across all Bonten Media/Esteem properties.
- Effectively strategize, build, and execute marketing and promotions plans. Responsible for building and maintaining marketing and promotion budgets. Maintaining a fun, collaborative and effective work environment per the Bonten Culture of Excellence.
If you wish to work for a company that rewards excellence and you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, please contact Lyle Schulze at email@example.com
No phone calls please. Bonten Media Group and Esteem Broadcasting of North Carolina are both an Equal Opportunity Employer.