Details for Sales Manager - Chicago
The new CW26 in Chicago is looking for a Sales Manager.
The Sales Manager is responsible for managing a team of new and experienced account executives who specialize in developing and maintaining business for our station group.
Qualified candidates must be a proactive, driven sales manager with a proven track record of generating new business while successfully managing a team of sellers. The candidate will also work with our national rep team as well as our national political team of sellers. This hands-on manager will hire, train, coach, and develop their team.
- Oversee all aspects of the Local and National Chicago sales operation
- Work with CRM tools, set rates, meet or exceed all revenue goals, and provide reliable and accurate forecasting
- Work as a coach, leader and problem solver
- Build digital revenue and present a comprehensive plan for overall revenue growth
- Other duties, as assigned
- At least 3 years of broadcast sales management
- Proven track record of growth and goal achievement
- Experience with both local direct and agency clients
- Political experience preferred
- Understanding of inventory management, ratings, marketing, promotions, collections, and digital media
- Experience with Wide Orbit and Microsoft Office a plus
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance package
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- HSA Plans
- 401k with Company Match
- Vacation/PTO/Sick/Paid Holidays
- Paid Qualified-FMLA Leave
- Tax-free Transit
- Discounted Parking Access
- Gym Membership Discount
- Convenient access to highways and public transportation
- Open air office environment
- One block from the aptly named Restaurant Row
Weigel Broadcasting Co. maintains an Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for all applicants and employees. We give fair consideration to all qualified persons and afford all our employees opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex, or other protected categories. No opportunities for promotion, transfer or any other benefit of employment will be diminished through discriminatory practices. Employees or prospective employees have the right to notify an appropriate local, state or Federal agency if they believe they have been discriminated against.
CLICK HERE to apply.
Weigel Broadcasting Co. is a family-owned media company based in Chicago, Illinois. The company owns and operates national television networks, as well as local broadcast stations throughout the country. Weigel is the leader in the multicast television network space with "MeTV," Memorable Entertainment Television, the number-one rated and distributed multicast network, as well as the "Movies!" Network in cooperation with the Fox Television Stations, the "DECADES" Network, the "H&I" Network and the Start TV Network in association with the CBS Television Stations. Weigel's local stations include CBS, ABC, The CW, MyNet and Telemundo network affiliates. Weigel and its affiliate companies broadcast network and independent television stations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, St. Louis, Cedar City-St. George (Utah), Milwaukee, South Bend and Rockford.