Details for TV Programming Director - FOX 50 Raleigh, North Carolina
Who are we looking for?
Someone who is all about the details but can also keep the big picture in focus. Adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-moving, constantly changing, high-demand work environment. You must be organized, have excellent time-management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks when faced with multiple deadlines.
We also need you to be a people-person with strong interpersonal skills. The successful Programming Coordinator will interact with many audiences, internal and external and work across departments to help organize and communicate updates and changes to our on-air programs.
- Coordinate program schedules for primary and digital sub-channels. Distribute schedule information internally and externally as required. Maintain current schedule in TitanTV and with listing services.
- Coordinate and communicate program operational details internally.
- Provide proper titling information, schedules, and air times to Nielsen.
- Track program usage for syndicated and movie contracts and provide information to syndicators upon request.
- Coordinate and collaborate with supervisor and others to perfect processes, improve workflows and problem solve in order to create efficiencies.
- Screen paid programs and maintain current paid inventory availability for Sales department.
- Prepare, maintain and administer programming contracts.
- Track and report financial information to Accounting regarding programming barter and music usage.
- Schedule promos and PSAs on primary and digital sub-channels as assigned.
- Track and report details of Children’s programming for FCC station required reporting.
- Respond to viewer calls, emails, voice mails, etc. about programming-related items.
- Support station marketing events and community initiatives as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Experience with Microsoft products including Word and Excel required
- Basic understanding of broadcast traffic and/or broadcast operations functions required
- TitanTV/MediaStar experience a plus
- SIMS/Sintec Program Scheduling experience a plus
- Wide Orbit experience a plus
- 2 years professional experience in one or more of the following areas: traffic, programming, broadcast operations, promotion, marketing, advertising
- Four-year college degree in marketing, advertising, communications, and/or other related field preferred
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
CLICK HERE to apply.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC, and Professional Builders Supply, (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.