Details for Marketing and Sales Research Director - Cleveland
Cleveland's Own, WJW Fox 8, is looking for a Marketing & Sales Research Director to join its Sales Team!
- Overseeing, analyzing and maintaining all research information and functions from Nielsen, Comscore, Kantar, Google Ad Manager and other tools that support and enhance the sales and marketing effectiveness of our brands in the marketplace
- Provide valuable research data to Sales, News and Promotions departments. For example, compiling and distributing relevant ratings facts, trends and analysis, ratings successes and challenges
- The individual will be an active participant in station activities, including but not limited to presentations to clients, sales managers, station management, and at full station staff meetings.
- Create compelling presentations that reinforce the marketing power of all the stations' media platforms
- Providing monthly ratings reports and analysis after publication of new data
- Providing positioning pieces that help the sales process.
- Prepare inventory and performance reports for sales managers within deadlines
- Gather campaign data for proof of performance presentations for Sales & Marketing clients
- Manage local digital campaign operations
- Communicate with corporate digital ad operations to maintain campaign effectiveness
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (3 years) in Marketing, Communications or Statistics
- Minimum of 2-3 years of media research experience Knowledgeable about media related software including Wide Orbit, Kantar, Google Ad Manager and other comparable software
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills
- Clear and concise communications both through writing & presentation skills
- Organizational skills for daily responsibilities & special projects for sales and marketing team
- Knowledge of media campaigns through linear and digital platforms
- Comfortable presenting alongside a team of account executives and Management on key client meetings
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit www.nexstar.tv.
Please apply for this position here.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled