Details for National Sales Director - Boston
NBC Boston is seeking a National Sales Director.
The National Sales Director will be responsible for directing the national sales efforts of NBC10 Boston, NECN, Telemundo Boston, and Telemundo Providence. This position will report to VP of Sales for all properties.
- Work with each national sales office, BD and each NBC OTS Media platform team (Digital, OOH, etc) to formulate sales goals and competitive advantage strategies in order to achieve/surpass revenue targets.
- Work with NBC OTS Account Executives and Research department on sales planning and pricing strategies, inventory management, market growth and revenue forecasting.
- Direct the national sales effort through direct communication and detailed planning. Review strategies with national account executives. Provide quick response and turnaround to the national sellers and deliver on timelines and commitments.
- Develop strategies to enhance traditional revenue opportunities as well as identify new revenue streams and lead execution of activation and integration sponsorships. Work with Research to create presentations and determine estimates on programs.
- Identify local decision makers impacting national buys
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 4 years broadcast media sales experience
- Must be willing to work in New York, New York or Newton, MA
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, creativity, detail oriented, organizational and analytical skills required
- Strong sense of drive and ambition
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice when circumstances warrant
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Top 20 market broadcast media sales experience preferred
- Two years experience in National Sales management (medium to large market)
- Industry contacts, client list including both agencies and client direct contacts
- A demonstrated record of growing market share and outperforming the market.
- Ability to understand the big picture and long-term objectives, positive mental attitude, sense of professionalism, team orientation, resourcefulness and client focus.
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of the Internet and digital media landscape
- Experience with multi-platform campaigns
- Knowledge of sales computer applications
- Ability to quickly understand and size up opportunity and/or problems and respond with creative ideas and solutions
CLICK HERE for complete details or to apply.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.