Details for Sales Account Executive (NBC/TLMD Chicago)
The NBC & Telemundo Owned Television Stations in Chicago is seeking to fill the position of Account Executive.
This position is primarily responsible for delivering sales revenue, as well as cultivating and developing new advertisers for the station’s multi-platform properties. The ability to work at the local level with clients of all levels of business is paramount, from large cap, medium and small businesses, in addition to exploring unique paths to procure business.
The Sales Account Executive will be expected to identify prospect and close new business, and service existing clients. This position requires an individual with a keen ability to develop concepts to create, incrementally grow and maintain sales revenue by connecting a corporation’s marketing goals seamlessly with the entire portfolio of NBC and TELEMUNDO’s Local Media content distribution platforms.
- Own, manage, and develop relationships with clients, agencies and advertisers through day-day interaction
- Responsible for bringing in New Business Revenue. Embrace, understand, target, pitch and secure new sources of marketing, advertising, promotional and event revenue for NBC 5 CHICAGO and TELEMUNDO CHICAGO.
- Create customized solutions for local clients that will demonstrate the power and extensive portfolio of NBC / TELEMUNDO and monetize all properties and platforms.
- Ascertain and market to previously untapped, emerging and traditional brands/ businesses and drive revenue through negotiating and selling the value and benefit of TV, Mobile, Digital, Out-Of-Home, Sponsorships, Sports, Community and Event Marketing opportunities
- Position the Hispanic market opportunity across various categories to generate demand for Telemundo Chicago.
- Create and present customized solutions in an accurate and comprehensive manner that positions the NBC/ Telemundo Duopoly as the ONLY multi-lingual solution in the Chicago market
- Develop growth revenue by focusing on “conversion” targets from competitive media including Radio, Print, Digital, Out-Of-Home, Cable, etc.
- Organized management of a business opportunity pipeline and sharp revenue forecasting.
- Learn all NBC / Telemundo Salesforce systems, Traffic/Order flow processes and create presentations using MS EXCEL.
- Participate in team and station projects, as well as special sales and community events.
- Maintain a current knowledge of ratings, programs and competitive conditions in the Chicago advertising market, always maintaining knowledge of current industry trends
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales and/or marketing roles start-up, media company experience
- Experience presenting Scarborough, Polk and Kantar research data
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and be available some evening and weekend hours, as needed for client or station events
- Must have ability to drive and own a vehicle for transportation to and from client meetings
Applicants must be 18 years or greater, must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States, and must be willing to work in Chicago, IL.
- Agency, television, production, creative marketing and/or other brand entertainment experience is preferred
- Solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to quickly understand, grasp and assess opportunities and/or problems and ability to respond with creative ideas and solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills with MS programs: Excel, PPT, Word and ability to create innovative presentation decks with expertise
- Bilingual skills preferred – Spanish/English
- Adept at prospecting, generating proposals and closing the sale
- Perceptive, insightful and intuitive abilities
- Ability to creatively analyze and react to a variety of sales challenges
- Ability to multi-task while staying organized and focused
- Broad based knowledge of traditional and emerging media platforms
- Innovative approach to a changing market place
- Enthusiastic and positive team player within the organization
- Strong verbal influencing skills
- Competitive with a desire to win
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to this job through www.nbcunicareers.com (Look for job 51979BR)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.