Details for Digital Sales Manager
WPTZ-NBC5, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in the scenic Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, is seeking a proven Digital Sales Manager.
The DSM will provide energized leadership for our digital sales initiatives. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for new media and enjoys staying up to date with its evolution, understands digital marketing strategy and thrives in a customer-focused team environment. Required strengths include: the ability to strategically plan, communicate effectively, build and maintain internal and external customer relationships and training.
- Prepare and implement individual advertiser account strategy including revenue goals
- Regularly meet with local sales team, including group and individual meetings, to ensure their professional development and success with stated goals
- In partnership with the Local Sales Manager, lead weekly sales meeting; prepare and lead quarterly/annual sales planning meeting
- Consistently evaluate seller performance and provide feedback
- Act as primary negotiator for the station on all digital business; review key sales proposals in advance to ensure client goals are achieved in a manner consistent with station sales guidelines
- Respond to RFP requests; meet client deadlines
- Meet extensively with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships; drive client retention
- Develop/strengthen business relationships with key station vendors
- Support local sellers in sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel. Develop and generate non-traditional revenue and new sales initiatives
- Manage various expense budgets related to digital initiatives
- Work in partnership with the Local Sales Manager and National Sales Manager to achieve stated and strategic goals
- Provide training to Local and National sellers
- Ensure that all necessary sales presentations are comprehensive and available in advance of the selling window
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account
- Review and approve new insertion orders
- Prepare and present various reports
- Follow and meet all HTV Digital Sales Managers standard operating procedures as outlined
- Maintain current knowledge of HTV advertising regulations
- Communicate regularly with the General Sales Manager on all aspects of digital business
- Be agile in responding to dynamic business conditions and station business needs.
- Have a complete understanding of current digital marketing strategies including synergist values with other media
- Understanding of pricing and inventory management principles
- Ability to dissect an advertising RFP; identify key revenue opportunities, and prepare comprehensive and winning response
- Ability to prospect, meet with, and close business with new station clients
- Possess the skills to manage and supervise others
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar, and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus
- Valid driver’s license and reliable automobile are required.
- College degree preferred. Military training and experience will be considered.
Please CLICK HERE to apply.