Details for Director of Local Sales - Phoenix
KMSB FOX11/KTTU My18 in Tucson, AZ, is looking for a strong and strategic Director of Local Sales to come live in one of the most beautiful places in the country.
This position reports to the Station Manager and will be responsible for creating and executing the KMSB FOX11/KTTU My18 sales strategy to meet revenue goals across all station platforms.
If you can answer yes/correct to these questions, this job might be right for you:
- I am confident I have what it takes to drive sales in a local market?
- I want to be a part of re-shaping the way a media company operates?
- I am equally passionate about developing the members of my team as I am about over-achieving the budget?
- It excites me to think I would have the best set of digital tools in the business?
- I am a leader and innovator?
- I am not satisfied with the status quo?
- I seek solutions?
- I like the intensity of a fast-moving environment?
- I like to collaborate and coordinate?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a staff of integrated account executives and account managers
- Motivate and energize the staff to make proactive decisions in all their communications with clients
- Create and execute a strategic and tactical plan for the local sales team
- Manage pricing and inventory pipeline to forecast of sales revenue accurately
- Achieve local revenue goals for television, digital and integrated marketing solutions
- Create/develop opportunities for the sales team to grow, i.e., ongoing training and development of sales skills, techniques
- Work hand in hand with Station Manager in developing integrated sales campaigns, establishing rates and adhering to rate card principles, to define the annual local revenue budget
- Develop sales programs/packages in tandem with Station Manager/News/Creative department initiatives to create sales opportunities
- Collaborate closely with Phoenix on cross-market inventory, National, and Political strategies and execution.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field
- Minimum of 7+ years of local television sales management experience
- Proven sales leader with a record of sales achievement
- Ability to think and lead strategically
- Proven thought leader and problem solver
- Effective driver of integrated revenue and strategy
- Ability to prioritize critical functions to ensure individual and team success
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prepare and present robust high impact sales presentations for current and future customers, and establish training as needed to local sellers.
- Nielsen, Wide Orbit and Sharebuilder experience
- Advanced CRM system experience; Salesforce experience desirable
- Digital proficiency and sales management experience.
CLICK HERE to apply.
About TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide.
Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com. TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
TEGNA Media is changing how media companies operate. In Arizona, TEGNA has a uniquely dynamic structure that requires an experienced strategic leader who can build a robust local sales organization in Tucson while working closely with our Phoenix operation to leverage success. We have committed vast resources to transform our sales operations. To compete and win in the new media landscape, we need innovative sales leaders to join us on this journey and be part of our future growth and success. Are you ready?