Details for Director of Sales - Minneapolis–St. Paul
DOS needed to plan and direct all sales activities for KSTP (ABC affiliate), KSTC (full power independent), MeTV, Antenna TV and the stations’ digital products.
Meet and exceed revenue goals by developing sales managers and sales staff, creating a solid and creative sales strategy, by building on an already customer-focused sales culture and being an essential part of a dynamic station management team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create, communicate and implement a sales strategy that will grow the stations’ on-air and digital ad revenue
- Setting and maintaining sales targets and new business development goals for Local and National Sales
- Drive expected revenue performance as well as create new ideas and "outside the box" revenue streams from new technology and growing TV markets. Develop business models to monetize these revenue streams
- Oversee entire sales and traffic departments and ensure employees work and sell with integrity while upholding company sales standards. Clearly communicate expectations of performance and establish and maintain a professional and motivated staff
- Work cooperatively and in partnership with all other station departments
- Oversee the planning and execution of sales meetings, community and goodwill events and station representation at trade association meetings
- Proactively recruit, hire, and retain sales/traffic department personnel.
- Oversee National Sales Representative and other relationships
- Coach and mentor sales/traffic management and other personnel to identify and communicate areas of strength and needed improvement
- Develop strategies to enhance traditional revenue opportunities as well as identify new revenue opportunities
- Oversee sales research to create presentations determine estimates on programs and assist GM and other departments with analysis.
- Complete other duties as needed
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in a broadcast, digital sales or marketing role. TV sales management highly preferred
- Minimum 3 years prior experience managing a sales team with direct responsibility in strategic planning, growing revenue, and teaching and motivating sales staffs
- Possess a “want-to win” attitude
- Great people skills with a solid background in building and cultivating strategic relationships both internal and external
- Experience with, an understanding of, and a desire to innovate in the digital/new media world
- Thorough understanding of current events, local businesses and business issues
- Skilled communicator with the ability to establish and maintain customer relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner
- The skill to motivate and instill confidence in clients, sales team and other departments
- Proven track record of success in sales management with recognized professional presentation skills and the ability to close a sale
- Revenue and expense management skills along with pricing expertise.
- Experience managing traffic systems and personnel
- The ability to work on short deadlines and in pressure situations
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
CLICK HERE to apply and upload your resume online.