Details for Director of Sales - San Antonio
Sinclair Broadcast Group in San Antonio, TX, with NBC, FOX and CW affiliates, is seeking a strong Director of Sales.
This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can direct a local sales team in selling new business and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach.
This DOS is responsible for all aspects of sales operations to include revenue/expense budgeting, sales strategy, forecasting and sales team and will effectively guide our local and national sales efforts. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and developmental skills as well as strong leadership capabilities.You should have experience growing accounts, including a solid understanding of the internal and external nuances to achieve success.
In this position you will:
- Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow the station's revenue share
- Develop new direct business and establish a constant revenue stream from our digital platforms
- Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel
- Manage sales for the station including local, national, new business television and digital interactive revenue stream
- Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
- Work with the promotions department to create sales opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Additional responsibilities will include exceeding revenue goals, forecasting, inventory control and pricing, sales promotion, development of non-traditional revenue sources, as well as new media and strategic planning.
- 5-7 years’ experience in TV sales management
- Solid understanding of inventory managment
- Proven success and examples in strategic selling on transactional business as well as new direct business is required.
- Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background is a must
- Ability to grow revenue through digital interactive and other approaches
- Strong and positive leadership skills
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OSI preferred
For more information and to apply, please CLICK HERE.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks.
Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!