Details for General Sales Manager - Las Vegas
FOX 5 KVVU, a Meredith Corporation TV Station in Las Vegas, is seeking a General Sales Manager.
The General Sales Manager leads and develops the sales team, maximizing broadcast and digital revenue through effective inventory and customer relationship management. Establishes and achieves sales budgets through management and coordination of the Local Sales and Regional National Sales Managers. Responsible for the overall sales effort and revenue growth.
The GSM must maintain a highly visible presence within the national and local advertising community. Strong efforts towards building customer confidence will have positive effects upon the stations sales efforts. Provide prompt, courteous service to all station departments and clients. Coach, mentor and team lead sales staff. Plan and manage sales department expense budget.
Essential Job Functions:
- 30% - Establish budget and pricing levels; establish and monitor inventory control procedures. Prepare fiscal budgets and sales strategies
- 20% - Manage, motivate, educate and train Local Sales Managers, Account Executives and Creative Services
- 20% - Manage Wide Orbit system in regard to sales, inventory management and pricing objectives. Manage makegoods, programming changes, credits, cancellations, etc.
- 15% - Develop revenue generating sales projects: develop new to television and digital accounts/revenue
- 5% - Ensure adequate sales control of credit and collections policies 5% - Manage make goods, schedule changes, credits, cancellations, etc.
- 5% - Conduct sales trips to National Regional Sales offices
If you are interested in applying please visit us at: https://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings